One of the greatest challenges facing Americans today is ensuring the financial well being and security of your family throughout your retirement years. With uncertainty over the adequacy of social security growing daily, it’s increasingly necessary to rely on your own savings plans and resources to support your future retirement plans.
Yet another challenge is finding money for the impending college education expenses for your children. Tuition and other collegiate expenses are on the rise, so it’s a good idea to get a head start on saving for those expenses now, instead of getting caught unprepared later!
Traditional IRA Features:
- Can be opened and funded without any employer participation
- Contributions and/or earnings are tax-deferred until retirement
- Possible deductions based on retirement plan participation and income
- Provide full accessibility to your funds; 10% early distribution penalty if younger than 59 ½ years
- Completely flexible as there is no minimum contribution in any year
- Members under age 70 ½ years may contribute a maximum of $5K per year
Richmond Community FCU offers a Traditional IRA that pays competitive market rates. Your contributions can be deducted from your taxable income, reducing the income taxes you are currently paying.
For more information on a traditional
IRA please contact the Member Services Department at the nearest
branch office. Click here for branch office phone numbers.
To view current rates click here or click here for the retirement calculator.
* The Credit Union provides no legal advice to members, and provides the foregoing information from a reliable resource to give our members a basic understanding of these services. You should consult with your tax or legal advisor regarding any particular and the current status of applicable federal and state laws.